Another great year has past with several exciting developments - including our newly announced partnerships with the University of Utah and a major global technology organization.
We laughed, we cried and we celebrated another year of growth at Education at Work. In 2017 we welcomed hundreds of students to our
network, grew our professional staff, awarded millions in tuition assistance and wages, plus celebrated the opening of a new EAW center
that grew our footprint in the Western United States. Here is a closer look at the numbers:
- 429 students and 24 professional staff members were hired nationally
- Student-employees earned $3,600,000 in wages and $1,100,000 in tuition assistance
- 7 student-employees were hired on full-time by EAW business clients post-graduation
- We supported students from 17 universities nationwide
- Our latest partnership at the University of Utah was signed and launched in October 2017
Our organization has come a long way since our inception in 2012. We started with one center based out of Cincinnati, OH that employed students from a few universities in the region to now operating four campus affiliated locations across the nation in Arizona, Utah, Kentucky
and Ohio. Throughout the past five years we have partnered with Fortune 500 companies from industries including retail, financial services, technology and telecommunications. To-date we have employed over 3,000 students and awarded $21,200,000 million in wages and tuition assistance to our student-employees.
With the support of our parent company, Strada Education Network, we will continue pursuing our ultimate goal to reduce $1.3 billion in
student debt annually through employing over 100,000 college students by 2025.